By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Coroner IDs kids killed in Sunday wreck in Hall County
Bella Tangredi, 4, above, and Ryker Gibbs, 1, died Sunday in a one-vehicle wreck at about 1:50 p.m. on Candler Road/Ga. 60 near Ga. 211, according to Georgia State Patrol.

Hall County Coroner Marion Merck has identified the two children killed Sunday afternoon in a southeast Hall County wreck.

Bella Tangredi, 4, and Ryker Gibbs, 1, died in the one-vehicle wreck at about 1:50 p.m. on Candler Road/Ga. 60 near Ga. 211, according to Georgia State Patrol.

The driver, Sabrina McConnell, 25, of Hall County, was in the intensive care unit as of Monday evening. She and passenger John Wayne Gibbs III, 25, of Walton County, are the parents of the 1-year-old, according to state patrol.

Bella was the niece of another passenger, Ashley Rose, 21.

Sean Lambert, Bella’s great-uncle, described the 4-year-old “like an adult trapped in a little girl’s body.”

“Really outgoing, happy, couldn’t keep a cellphone out of her hand,” Lambert said.

Authorities said McConnell was driving east on Ga. 60 negotiating a left curve when her car went off the road, she overcorrected twice, her vehicle struck a tree with the driver’s side door area, went down an embankment and came to rest overturned on the driver’s side.

The wreck significantly affected the staff at Amici restaurant in Monroe, where manager Kendall Lindler said the crash involved family members of two other managers and one person on the kitchen staff.

“We’ve had a lot of people come in here and donate money and stuff like that for the medical and funeral costs,” Lindler said.

Gibbs, Rose and McConnell were transported to Northeast Georgia Medical Center with injuries, state patrol said.

Gibbs has been discharged from the hospital. No information was available Monday evening about Rose.

State patrol Sgt. 1st Class Anthony Coleman said the 1-year-old was properly restrained. But Sgt. A.J. Allen said the 4-year-old was sharing a seat belt with an adult in the backseat and not in a child seat of any kind.

No charges were filed as of late Sunday night. Allen said Monday the investigation should be complete within three days.