During a recent Forsyth County Board of Commissioners’ work session, several items were approved. All votes were 4-0, with District 1 Commissioner Pete Amos absent.
Commissioners appointed to committees
With the new year and two new commissioners – Semanson and District 2 Commissioner Rick Swope – appointments to boards and committees were approved:
* District 1 Commissioner Pete Amos to the county’s water and sewer and transportation committees
* Swope to the 911 Center Advisory Board and county social services and transportation committees
* Chairman Todd Levent, of District 3, to the Georgia Mountains Regional Commission Council and the county’s finance, transportation and parks and recreation committees
* District 4 Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills to the county’s D.A.T.E. Fund advisory, finance, social services and transportation committees
* Semanson to the Lanier Joint Development Authority and county finance, water and sewer and parks and recreation committees
Representatives appointed to county boards
Commissioner Laura Semanson made two changes to county boards for District 5, which covers east Forsyth and Lake Lanier:
* Tim Dineen, planning commissioner
* Bibiano Lopes, parks and recreation board
Semanson took office in January. Incoming commissioners are allowed to make their own appointments to county boards to represent their district.
Commissioners also appointed:
* Steve Dabbs to the Public Facilities Authority
* Larry Duckworth to the Development Authority
Coal Mountain Overlay committee
Commissioners appointed the following to the Coal Mountain Overlay committee:
* Seth Thomas
* David McBrayer
* Charlie Heard
* Christine Bachnel
* Candy Hammond
* Steve Holder
* Alan Neal
* Paul Hamby
* Robbie Caesar
* Ryan Kerosec
Caesar and Kerosec will alternate and share a single vote.
County admin building to get upgrade
Commissioners approved $7,700 for interior design services in the county administration building.
City annex agreement
The board approved a request for annexation by the city of Cumming for 880 Buford Highway (Hwy. 20 west). All properties around the one-acre parcel are already part of the city.
Meeting times set for 2017
The board set times for 2017 meetings and work sessions.
The April 6 regular meeting will be moved to April 13 and the April 11 work session will be canceled.