By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Four arrested in connection with Polaris ATV burglary
polaris web group
Brian Cooper, Demarco McPherson, Demetrius Marchman and Quanea Lewis.

CUMMING -- A fourth suspect has been arrested in connection with a break-in at the Polaris ATV store in Cumming early Wednesday morning.

Deputies arrested three of the four suspects – 24-year-old Brian Cooper, 19-year-old Demarco McPherson and 22-year-old-Quanea Lewis – mid-morning Wednesday and later arrested the fourth suspect, Demetrius Marchman, 27, in Marietta mid-afternoon.

Investigators originally thought they were looking for a fifth suspect, but later determined only four were involved.

All four men are from Marietta, which is located in Cobb County, according to Deputy Doug Rainwater, a spokesman for the sheriff's office.

Around 4:45 a.m., the Cumming Police Department informed the sheriff’s office that there was a burglary-in-progress call at the RGR Motorsports/Polaris ATV store, which is located at 594 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Rainwater said. No merchandise was taken from the store.

The suspects were reportedly driving a white Dodge Charger and U-Haul truck, but fled the scene in their vehicles when police arrived.

One suspect was apprehended after crashing the U-Haul, though two other were able to flee on foot, Rainwater said.

“Officer Matt Arnold with Cumming PD initiated the chase and is responsible for getting the U-Haul so quickly,” Rainwater said. “He was at the right place at the right time.”

Marchman, who was driving the Charger, was able to escape.

Shortly after the crash, the owner of Polaris, who had reportedly just seen the video of the burglary at his business, called deputies to the area of Atlanta Highway and Highway 20 in reference to the other two suspects, Rainwater said.

There, one suspect was detained and the other once again fled, but was later apprehended after “several citizens called us about a suspicious person walking south on Ga. 400,” according to Rainwater.

Deputies were able to link the suspicious person to the burglary and take them into custody.

“We would like to give a big shout out to our citizens who saw something and said something,” Rainwater said.

The men have all been charged with burglary, though additional charges are pending.

They are currently being held without bond at the Forsyth County Jail.